Movement and Animation
Bring your static scenes to life through kinematic movement
Build nonlinear interactions with the Zea Kinematics plugin. Manipulate models in real-time, even in VR, or animate the results with keyframe animation.
Animate engines and machinery quickly with specific gear classes.
- Change gears in real-time
- Easily configure RPM and gear ratios
- Powerful state machine hierarchy for transitioning between animation states
- Try it yourself with the Gearbox Showcase demo
Disassemble your models into individual parts to demonstrate how they fit together. Perfect for interactive manuals.
- Easy to set up and modify
- Animate between states or manually drag models apart
Animate articulated robots, or characters, by rotating and positioning links in a kinematic chain.
- Simple yet powerful keyframing
- Edit IK handles and keyframe on the fly
- Attach models to simulate picking up or moving objects
- Try it yourself with the Robot Animation showcase demo
Zea Engine provides a powerful system of kinematic operators that can be used to make parts move around using mathematical functions. Thats how the gears are turning in the gearbox, and the parts move in the brake system. These procedural operators can be configured using the SDK, and you can also provide a UI for users to set them up.
Yes, the evaluation of the data in the scene follows a dependency graph.
It is possible to make parameters change values in reaction to other parameters changing values. This implies a dependency, and when a scene has thousands of parameters changing dynamically, a dependency graph is needed to make sure everything happens in the right order.